For Soil Separation, Stabilization and Reinforcement.
Manufactured with high tensile strength and low elongations, woven geotextiles have superior capacity for filtration, load distribution, reducing rutting and extending the life of paved and unpaved roadways. Made from individually woven, ultraviolet (UV) resistant polypropylene fibers, woven geotextiles provide dimensional stability and they are resistant to UV degradation and to biological and chemical environments normally found in soils. When you are facing separation, filtration, erosion protection and containment challenges, no better line of fabrics can match woven geotextiles.
Depending upon actual strength of the subgrade, woven geotextiles have the ability to perform several different functions. These range from Reinforcement on weak subgrades (CBR ≤ 3%) to Separation on firm foundations soils (CBR ≥ 8%). As expected, weaker subgrades demand stronger woven geotextiles and more favorable soils require less robust geotextiles.
Features and Benefits
Woven Selection Guide
- Tensile strength ranges from 135 to 370 lbs (600 to 1645 N) for a wide variety of soil stabilization and filtration applications
- Higher strengths available in our line of soil reinforcement woven geotextiles
- Made from polypropylene resin for superior chemical resistance in even the most
aggressive environmental applications
- Yarns are woven together to form a strong fabric capable of withstanding construction
- Contains additives for maximum UV resistance
Industrial Fabrics offers five traditional woven geotextiles. For more demanding soil reinforcement applications, look through our High Strength Woven Geotextiles, or call us at 800-848-4500.